Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
North Country News
Thu January 10, 2013
School Board to Continue to Fight Methadone Clinic
The school board in South Burlington plans to continue to fight a proposed methadone clinic for heroin and prescription drug addicts near two of the city's schools.
The board decided Wednesday night to appeal the clinic's permit to the Vermont Environmental Court. The Burlington Free Press reports that the legal action could delay the clinic opening for a year or more.
The move comes after the city's Development Review Board last week denied the district's appeal of a permit that the city issued in August.
The district has 30 days to appeal the Jan. 4 denial in state environmental court.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
New England News