Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Tue August 3, 2004
School to Inform Parents on Opt-Out Option More Often
By Pat Bradley
Brattleboro, VT – The Brattleboro high school board has modified the school's policy regarding giving military recruiters information about students. The board has voted to publish an opt-out reminder twice a year in a school newsletter. Previously, the school had only told students and parents before their freshman year that information could be withheld. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.