Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Tue July 24, 2007
Schools To Inject Culture Into Curriculum
By Paul Tuthill
Springfield, MA – Classrooms in ten public schools in the city of Springfield Massachusetts are going to be infused with the culture of Puerto Rico this fall. Its an experiment to see if bridging a cultural divide between teacher and student can improve learning. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Paul Tuthill reports.....