Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New York News
Thu July 25, 2013
Schumer: $5M For Mohawk Valley Flood Counties
New York Senators Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand say $5 million in federal aid for road and infrastructure repair will be provided to a dozen upstate counties slammed by recent flooding in the Mohawk Valley.
Schumer says the aid can help counties repair roads washed out and damaged by the flooding that hit June 28 to July 4.
The disaster area covered Allegany, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Franklin, Herkimer, Madison, Montgomery, Niagara, Oneida, Otsego and Warren counties.
The federal funding is expected for work on route 51, 168, 5, and 80, and highway and pedestrian bridges.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.