Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
New York News
Thu August 9, 2012
Schumer Calls for Renewal of Tax Credit
New York Senator Charles Schumer was in Plattsburgh Thursday afternoon, calling for the renewal of a tax credit for businesses that hire veterans.
New York’s senior Senator stopped by Bombardier Transportation in Plattsburgh, a manufacturer of rail cars, to tour the plant and discuss the importance of extending the “Returning Heroes and Wounded Warriors Tax Credit”. Schumer says Congressional gridlock is stalling the tax credit’s renewal.
The plant in Plattsburgh employees 411 people, 50 are veterans. Plant officials would like the credit renewed to be able to hire more veterans