Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New York News
Thu August 9, 2012
Schumer Calls for Renewal of Tax Credit
New York Senator Charles Schumer was in Plattsburgh Thursday afternoon, calling for the renewal of a tax credit for businesses that hire veterans.
New York’s senior Senator stopped by Bombardier Transportation in Plattsburgh, a manufacturer of rail cars, to tour the plant and discuss the importance of extending the “Returning Heroes and Wounded Warriors Tax Credit”. Schumer says Congressional gridlock is stalling the tax credit’s renewal.
The plant in Plattsburgh employees 411 people, 50 are veterans. Plant officials would like the credit renewed to be able to hire more veterans