Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon March 13, 2006
Schumer: NY needs federal child support funding
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – New York Senator Charles Schumer says a decision by Congress in the dark of night last month to cut funding for the federal child support enforcement program by $1.5 billion in this year's budget will deal a serious blow to New York's single parent families. While he is confident the president will restore the funding next year, father and family advocates in New York say the program needs some serious reworking.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.