Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Mon March 13, 2006
Schumer: NY needs federal child support funding
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – New York Senator Charles Schumer says a decision by Congress in the dark of night last month to cut funding for the federal child support enforcement program by $1.5 billion in this year's budget will deal a serious blow to New York's single parent families. While he is confident the president will restore the funding next year, father and family advocates in New York say the program needs some serious reworking.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.