Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Fri November 16, 2012
Schumer: Online lottery for Obama inaugural tickets
Sen. Charles Schumer says New Yorkers who want to attend President Barack Obama's second inauguration can enter a statewide online lottery for tickets. More from WAMC’s Dave Lucas.
Schumer says his office has set up a website to register, with a random drawing set for Dec. 14. The deadline to enter is Dec. 13 and the free tickets are provided only through congressional offices. The ceremony will be Jan. 21, Martin Luther King Day, at the Capitol. Schumer is chairman of the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies.
The website is http://www.schumer.senate.gov/Contact/inauguration.cfm
(c)2012 Associated Press