Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri October 7, 2005
Schumer Speaks Out Against Gas Gouging
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – New York Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer released a survey at gas stations throughout the Hudson Valley, where he announced a proposal to make the oil companies use their excess profits to pay for recovery efforts along the Gulf Coast. In addition, Schumer asked residents in the region to participate in his new "Gouge Watch" program.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie was there.