Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Fri October 7, 2005
Schumer Speaks Out Against Gas Gouging
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – New York Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer released a survey at gas stations throughout the Hudson Valley, where he announced a proposal to make the oil companies use their excess profits to pay for recovery efforts along the Gulf Coast. In addition, Schumer asked residents in the region to participate in his new "Gouge Watch" program.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie was there.