Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri October 7, 2005
Schumer Speaks Out Against Gas Gouging
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – New York Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer released a survey at gas stations throughout the Hudson Valley, where he announced a proposal to make the oil companies use their excess profits to pay for recovery efforts along the Gulf Coast. In addition, Schumer asked residents in the region to participate in his new "Gouge Watch" program.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie was there.