Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Thu September 30, 2004
Schumer Wants Milk Price Investigated
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Are consumers getting a raw deal on the price of milk? From June to July, the average retail price of milk decreased three cents, while the price to farmers decreased 28 cents. New York Senator Charles Schumer is asking the Federal Trade Commission to investigate why dairy farmers are getting less for their product while consumers are paying more for dairy products.