Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New England News
Mon October 23, 2006
Scientists Counter EPA Research on Amount of Mercury Deposition on Vermont
By Pat Bradley
Underhill Center, VT – Some Vermont researchers say their data indicates the federal Environmental Protection Agency is wrong about mercury deposits in Vermont. The EPA contends that the mercury is mainly coming from other sources. But local scientists say storm patterns that move into Vermont carry mercury pollution from U.S. industrial regions, including the Midwest, the Ohio Valley and Pennsylvania. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.