Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Wed July 18, 2007
Scott Meyer of the Merritt Bookstores talks Harry Potter 7-18
Albany, NY – Harry Potter's world of horcruxes, Nimbus 2000s and Blast Ended Skrewts may be fantasy, but the economic effects of the young wizard's multi-media empire are quite real. The release of the latest and final book will be a major event for local, independent booksellers. Scott Meyer of the Merritt Bookstores, which will be hosting its own Potter event, talks to us about the money behind the magic.