Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Wed May 29, 2013
Search For Passenger In NY Plane Crash In 4th Day
Authorities say they have removed the main wreckage of a small plane from an upstate New York pond, but a brain cancer patient who was on the volunteer medical flight remains missing.
A National Transportation Safety Board spokesman said Tuesday the fuselage was pulled out of the water in Ephratah, an hour west of Albany. It will be taken for inspection along with debris found in the surrounding area.
Police and family members say Frank and Evelyn Amerosa of Utica, N.Y., were aboard the Angel Flight when the twin-engine craft went down Friday night. The bodies of the pilot, 70-year-old John Campbell of Stamford, Conn., and Evelyn Amerosa have been recovered.
The Fulton County Sheriff says the search for Frank Amerosa will now include draining the pond.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.