Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Tue September 21, 2004
Search Rekindles Needle Exchange Debate
By Kelly Wilkinson
Springfield, MA – The search of a Springfield, Massachusetts nonprofit turned up hundreds of syringes. Police say from what was found, it appears the group was running an unlicenced needle exchange program. As a city, Springfield has rejected the idea of making needle exchange legal. But the police discovery -- along with a high rate of HIV/AIDS -- could rekindle the debate. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson reports.