Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue September 21, 2004
Search Rekindles Needle Exchange Debate
By Kelly Wilkinson
Springfield, MA – The search of a Springfield, Massachusetts nonprofit turned up hundreds of syringes. Police say from what was found, it appears the group was running an unlicenced needle exchange program. As a city, Springfield has rejected the idea of making needle exchange legal. But the police discovery -- along with a high rate of HIV/AIDS -- could rekindle the debate. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson reports.