Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Thu March 14, 2013
"The Secretary: A Journey with Hillary Clinton from Beirut to the Heart of American Power"
As President Barack Obama's Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, set out to repair America's image around the world—and her own. For the four years she served, BBC foreign correspondent Kim Ghattas had unparalleled access to Clinton and her entourage. She tells the story in The Secretary: A Journey with Hillary Clinton from Beirut to the Heart of American Power.
With the perspective of one who is both an insider and an outsider, Ghattas draws on extensive interviews with Clinton, administration officials, and players inside Washington as well as overseas to paint an intimate and candid portrait of one of the most powerful global politicians.
Kim Ghattas has been the BBC's State Department radio and TV correspondent since 2008 and travels regularly with the secretary of state. She was previously a Middle East correspondent for the BBC and the Financial Times, based in Beirut.
The Roundtable - Question of the Day