Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Mon July 8, 2013
Secretary Of State's Wife Hospitalized In Boston
Teresa Heinz Kerry, the wife of U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, is hospitalized at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
A spokesman for John Kerry says Heinz Kerry was flown to Massachusetts General Hospital on Sunday night after being stabilized by doctors at Nantucket Cottage Hospital.
The 74-year-old Heinz Kerry taken to the emergency room in Nantucket, accompanied by her husband, after 3:30 p.m. Sunday. A hospital spokesman said she arrived at that facility in critical condition before being stabilized by doctors.
No additional details about Heinz Kerry's condition or illness have been released.
Heinz Kerry is the widow of former U.S. Senator John Heinz, heir to the Heinz ketchup fortune. She married John Kerry in 1995.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.