Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New England News
Thu November 8, 2012
Sen-elect Warren Meets With Gov. Patrick
Massachusetts U.S. Senator-elect Elizabeth Warren met with Governor Deval Patrick Thursday as she prepares for her new job in Washington. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill report.
After a closed door meeting that lasted for nearly an hour, senator-elect Warren told reporters she was grateful for what she called the “ good counsel” of the governor.
Patrick said he expected Warren to be a good partner in Washington. Warren was tight lipped on most of the questions from reporters. She would not say which senate committees she’d like to serve on. Warren said talks about that are on going with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. She said she wanted to be on committees that would help her address the middle class issues she stressed during the campaign.