Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Thu October 18, 2012
Senate candidate Long urges fracking
U.S. Senate candidate Wendy Long, the Republican challenging incumbent New York Democrat Kirsten Gillibrand, says the controversial gas drilling process called hydrofracking — currently being studied by the state — is safe. Long told WAMC’s Alan Chartock on the Capitol Connection program this week that the economic benefits of fracking are too great not to go forward with drilling.
New York News