Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Fri June 22, 2012
Senate Candidates Agree To 4th Debate
The US Senate candidates in Massachusetts are still debating where and how often to debate. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
The campaigns of Republican Scott Brown and Democrat Elizabeth Warren have agreed to participate in four debates in common. They’ve accepted invitations from a Boston TV station, and from media consortiums in Boston and Springfield. On Friday, the campaigns accepted an invitation from the Boston Herald for a debate on the campus of UMass Lowell. Brown’s campaign shut the door on more debates, noting he had accepted two radio station invitations, which Warren has so far declined. Her campaign announced she’d accept a debate invitation in Worcester, and it said the Democratic challenger was committed to regional equity in the debate schedule.