Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New England News
Fri June 22, 2012
Senate Candidates Agree To 4th Debate
The US Senate candidates in Massachusetts are still debating where and how often to debate. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
The campaigns of Republican Scott Brown and Democrat Elizabeth Warren have agreed to participate in four debates in common. They’ve accepted invitations from a Boston TV station, and from media consortiums in Boston and Springfield. On Friday, the campaigns accepted an invitation from the Boston Herald for a debate on the campus of UMass Lowell. Brown’s campaign shut the door on more debates, noting he had accepted two radio station invitations, which Warren has so far declined. Her campaign announced she’d accept a debate invitation in Worcester, and it said the Democratic challenger was committed to regional equity in the debate schedule.