Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New England News
Thu September 20, 2012
Senator Brown, Warren Gear Up For First Debate
Massachusetts voters are getting a chance to size up Republican U.S. Sen. Scott Brown and Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren in a live televised debate.
The Thursday match-up is the first of four planned debates.
The WBZ-TV debate could help voters begin to sort through a flurry of claims and counterclaims that the two candidates have hurled at each other in television ads and press releases.
Brown has tried to frame Warren as an out-of-touch academic who's determined to raise taxes and undermine free enterprise.
Warren has portrayed Brown as a friend of Wall Street and big business, and as an unreliable vote on women's issues.
The race, the most expensive political contest in Massachusetts history, is seen as key by both national parties as they wrestle for control of the Senate.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press