Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri February 18, 2005
Senator Clinton Pushes Voting Reform Act
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – A New York Senator is behind a newly introduced voting reform bill. Democratic Senator Hillary Clinton says the bill would increase voter turnout, and designate Election Day as a federal holiday. A New York non-partisan group that advocates for accountable government, backs the new legislation. WAMC's Allison Dunne reports.