Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri February 18, 2005
Senator Clinton Pushes Voting Reform Act
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – A New York Senator is behind a newly introduced voting reform bill. Democratic Senator Hillary Clinton says the bill would increase voter turnout, and designate Election Day as a federal holiday. A New York non-partisan group that advocates for accountable government, backs the new legislation. WAMC's Allison Dunne reports.