Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New York News
Wed June 28, 2006
Senator Says Border Initiative May Make Highway Checkpoint Moot
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – A section of the U-S border stretching from New York to Maine has been chosen by the federal government as one of two pilot sites for a new security effort. New York Senator Charles Schumer says it could render obsolete the controversial border checkpoint on the Adirondack Northway in North Hudson that Customs and Border Protection has proposed making permanent. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.