Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri June 4, 2004
Sen.Clinton Backs Military Health Measure
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – Democratic New York Senator Hillary Clinton is part of a bi-partisan effort to allow National Guard and Reserve members access to a defense department health-insurance program. She says there is much opposition from the Bush Administration. Clinton and National Guard officials say such insurance would be a useful tool to bolster recruiting and retention efforts. WAMC's Allison Dunne has more.