Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
New York News
Mon June 11, 2012
Seneca Nation to Upgrade Casino Tower in NY
The Seneca Indian Nation's gambling business says a new construction project will make its Niagara Falls casino more distinctive on the city skyline.
Jim Wilson of the Seneca Gaming Corporation says the project on top of the existing hotel tower won't add more rooms, but will change signage to make the tower more identifiable.
Executives plan to release more details on Monday.
The western New York tribe operates three growing casinos in the area. Work is finishing up on a new hotel tower at the Seneca Allegany Casino in the Southern Tier. Crews have been at the site of the temporary Buffalo casino to prepare for construction of a permanent facility.
Casinos are illegal in New York but the Senecas operate theirs under a revenue-sharing agreement with the state.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.