Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
New England News
Mon September 2, 2013
Sens. Warren, Markey To Attend Labor Day Breakfast
Massachusetts U.S. Senators Elizabeth Warren and Edward Markey are expected to join union leaders for Boston's annual Labor Day Breakfast.
The breakfast is scheduled this morning at the Park Plaza Hotel and is sponsored by the Greater Boston Labor Council.
The breakfast traditionally provides politicians a chance to affirm their support of labor issues.
A top issue this year is a proposed ballot question to raise the state's minimum wage from $8 to $10.50 an hour over two years and index future increases to the rate of inflation. Supporters are hoping to place the question on next year's ballot.
Earlier Monday morning, Warren plans to address the Central Massachusetts AFL-CIO's Annual Labor Day Breakfast in Worcester.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.