Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
- From The Museum To The Dorm Room: Williams Art Loan Program
Central New York News
Fri March 8, 2013
Sequestration Impacts Rome NY
Sequestration is behind the planned closure of an air-traffic control tower in Central New York.
The air traffic control tower at Griffiss International Airport in Rome is on a list of 173 towers at small and mid-sized airports nationwide the federal government plans to close on April 7
Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente notes that international carriers Air Canada and Trans Aero use Griffis for maintenance and repair operations for wide body aircraft.
The county has a week to prove to the FAA that keeping the tower open is a matter of 'national interest.'