Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Central New York News
Fri March 8, 2013
Sequestration Impacts Rome NY
Sequestration is behind the planned closure of an air-traffic control tower in Central New York.
The air traffic control tower at Griffiss International Airport in Rome is on a list of 173 towers at small and mid-sized airports nationwide the federal government plans to close on April 7
Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente notes that international carriers Air Canada and Trans Aero use Griffis for maintenance and repair operations for wide body aircraft.
The county has a week to prove to the FAA that keeping the tower open is a matter of 'national interest.'