Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Central New York News
Fri March 8, 2013
Sequestration Impacts Rome NY
Sequestration is behind the planned closure of an air-traffic control tower in Central New York.
The air traffic control tower at Griffiss International Airport in Rome is on a list of 173 towers at small and mid-sized airports nationwide the federal government plans to close on April 7
Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente notes that international carriers Air Canada and Trans Aero use Griffis for maintenance and repair operations for wide body aircraft.
The county has a week to prove to the FAA that keeping the tower open is a matter of 'national interest.'