Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
Central New York News
Fri March 8, 2013
Sequestration Impacts Rome NY
Sequestration is behind the planned closure of an air-traffic control tower in Central New York.
The air traffic control tower at Griffiss International Airport in Rome is on a list of 173 towers at small and mid-sized airports nationwide the federal government plans to close on April 7
Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente notes that international carriers Air Canada and Trans Aero use Griffis for maintenance and repair operations for wide body aircraft.
The county has a week to prove to the FAA that keeping the tower open is a matter of 'national interest.'