Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Fri December 22, 2006
Series Part 5: Health Insurance Reform
By Carrie Saldo
Great Barrington, MA – While issues like the war in Iraq, the environment and the economy, have proven to be partisan issues across the country, earlier this year Massachusetts legislators were able to put partisan politics aside. Legislators worked together, compromising on a health insurance mandate, making the Bay State the first to require its residents to have health insurance.
In the fifth installment of our series, Berkshire Bureau chief, Carrie Saldo reports on the implications of that mandate both in Massachusetts and across the nation;