Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Mon June 17, 2013
Services Set For 3 NYers Killed In Afghanistan
Funeral services are set for the three New Yorkers who were killed by a man they were training in the Afghan security forces.
The funeral for 54-year-old Joseph Morabito will be held this morning at a church in Haines Falls in Greene County.
The military funeral for 40-year-old Lt. Col. Todd Clark will be Tuesday afternoon at a church in the Albany suburb of Guilderland. He'll be buried at Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery in San Antonio, Texas.
Services for 39-year-old Lt. Col. Jaimie Leonard of Warwick will be held Thursday at West Point Chapel at the U.S. Military Academy. Leonard, a 1997 graduate of the academy, will be buried at West Point Cemetery.
All three were killed June 8 during the attack at an Afghan army base. Morabito was a civilian contractor.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.