Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu July 21, 2005
Setback In Attempts to Rescind Provision of Patriot Act
By Pat Bradley
Washington, D.C. – Vermont Congressman Bernie Sanders submitted an amendment this week to the Patriot Act Re-authorization Bill that would eliminate Section 215, which allows government access to individuals' library and bookstore records. Wednesday night the House Committee on Rules denied movement on the Sanders' amendment, effectively keeping Section 215 part of the Patriot Act.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.