Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Thu July 21, 2005
Setback In Attempts to Rescind Provision of Patriot Act
By Pat Bradley
Washington, D.C. – Vermont Congressman Bernie Sanders submitted an amendment this week to the Patriot Act Re-authorization Bill that would eliminate Section 215, which allows government access to individuals' library and bookstore records. Wednesday night the House Committee on Rules denied movement on the Sanders' amendment, effectively keeping Section 215 part of the Patriot Act.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.