Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Thu July 21, 2005
Setback In Attempts to Rescind Provision of Patriot Act
By Pat Bradley
Washington, D.C. – Vermont Congressman Bernie Sanders submitted an amendment this week to the Patriot Act Re-authorization Bill that would eliminate Section 215, which allows government access to individuals' library and bookstore records. Wednesday night the House Committee on Rules denied movement on the Sanders' amendment, effectively keeping Section 215 part of the Patriot Act.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.