Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
New York News
Mon July 1, 2013
Severe Flood Warnings For New York Counties
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo issued a disaster declaration for a number of counties that have been hit by severe storms and flooding.
Cuomo has activated the New York State Office of Emergency Management (NYSOEM) to closely monitor the impacted areas and to assist counties with ongoing rescue and recovery efforts.
Among the counties that the disaster declaration has been issued for include Broome, Chenango, Clinton, Delaware, Essex, Franklin, Herkimer, Madison, Montgomery, Oneida, Otsego, Tioga, Schoharie, St. Lawrence and Warren counties.
With more rain in the forecast, Cuomo is urging New Yorkers in these areas to monitor news reports and to follow directions from emergency personnel on the ground.