Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New York News
Mon July 1, 2013
Severe Flood Warnings For New York Counties
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo issued a disaster declaration for a number of counties that have been hit by severe storms and flooding.
Cuomo has activated the New York State Office of Emergency Management (NYSOEM) to closely monitor the impacted areas and to assist counties with ongoing rescue and recovery efforts.
Among the counties that the disaster declaration has been issued for include Broome, Chenango, Clinton, Delaware, Essex, Franklin, Herkimer, Madison, Montgomery, Oneida, Otsego, Tioga, Schoharie, St. Lawrence and Warren counties.
With more rain in the forecast, Cuomo is urging New Yorkers in these areas to monitor news reports and to follow directions from emergency personnel on the ground.