Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Thu June 21, 2012
Shawn Colvin - Diamond in the Ruff
In an era when female singer-songwriters are ever more ubiquitous, three time Grammy Award winner Shawn Colvin stands out as a singular and enduring talent. Her songs are slow-release works of craft and catharsis that become treasured, lifetime companions for their listeners.
As a storyteller, Colvin is both keen and warm-hearted, leavening even the toughest tales with tenderness, empathy, and a searing sense of humor.
Her memoir is Diamond in the Ruff, and Colvin will be in the listening area this weekend. On Friday June 22nd at the Ridgefield Playhouse in Ridgefield CT, and Sunday June 24th at the Bearsville Theater in Woodstock NY.
Arts & Culture