Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Thu May 16, 2013
Sheehan Clinches Democratic Mayoral Endorsement
The race to replace Albany Mayor Jerry Jennings is stirring controversy in the city of Albany, New York. At a meeting Wednesday night, the Albany County Democratic Committee endorsed current City Treasurer Kathy Sheehan for mayor.
Sheehan said that she was honored to be the party’s nominee and thanked the committee and the community for their support.
However, Sheehan’s endorsement was not met with unanimous approval and prompted some verbal sparring at the meeting.
Supporters of former Common Councilman Corey Ellis, were upset about the endorsement and wanted the Democratic Committee to re-open the interviews with mayoral candidates.
Ellis said that there was a motion to table the vote and another motion the chairperson did not recognize.