Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri November 9, 2012
Shine a Light on Lung Cancer Vigil on November 13th
The Lung Cancer Alliance NY in partnership with Albany Medical Center are sponsoring a Shine a Light on Lung Cancer Vigil on Tuesday, November 13th at 6:00 pm.
The purpose of the vigil is to share compassion and hope and raise public awareness. The Lung Cancer Alliance is the only national non-profit dedicated to providing support and advocacy for those living with or at risk for lung cancer and are committed to reversing decades of stigma and neglect by empowering those with or at risk for lung cancer, elevating awareness and changing health policy.
Lung cancer is the leading cause of all cancer deaths. It is second only to heart disease as the leading disease killer.
We are joined by Phyllis Goldstein - a 9 year lung cancer survivor; Betsy McPhail - her sister who was diagnosed at age 24 died at age 25; Dr. Mark Napier - the Medical Director of the Multi-Specialty Lung Cancer Program.