Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Fri November 9, 2012
Shine a Light on Lung Cancer Vigil on November 13th
The Lung Cancer Alliance NY in partnership with Albany Medical Center are sponsoring a Shine a Light on Lung Cancer Vigil on Tuesday, November 13th at 6:00 pm.
The purpose of the vigil is to share compassion and hope and raise public awareness. The Lung Cancer Alliance is the only national non-profit dedicated to providing support and advocacy for those living with or at risk for lung cancer and are committed to reversing decades of stigma and neglect by empowering those with or at risk for lung cancer, elevating awareness and changing health policy.
Lung cancer is the leading cause of all cancer deaths. It is second only to heart disease as the leading disease killer.
We are joined by Phyllis Goldstein - a 9 year lung cancer survivor; Betsy McPhail - her sister who was diagnosed at age 24 died at age 25; Dr. Mark Napier - the Medical Director of the Multi-Specialty Lung Cancer Program.