Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Fri November 9, 2012
Shine a Light on Lung Cancer Vigil on November 13th
The Lung Cancer Alliance NY in partnership with Albany Medical Center are sponsoring a Shine a Light on Lung Cancer Vigil on Tuesday, November 13th at 6:00 pm.
The purpose of the vigil is to share compassion and hope and raise public awareness. The Lung Cancer Alliance is the only national non-profit dedicated to providing support and advocacy for those living with or at risk for lung cancer and are committed to reversing decades of stigma and neglect by empowering those with or at risk for lung cancer, elevating awareness and changing health policy.
Lung cancer is the leading cause of all cancer deaths. It is second only to heart disease as the leading disease killer.
We are joined by Phyllis Goldstein - a 9 year lung cancer survivor; Betsy McPhail - her sister who was diagnosed at age 24 died at age 25; Dr. Mark Napier - the Medical Director of the Multi-Specialty Lung Cancer Program.