Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
WAMC News, North Country News
Fri July 13, 2012
Shumlin Administration Seeks F35 Answers
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin's administration says it's working to answer questions about the Air Force's proposal to base F-35 fighter jets at Burlington International Airport.
Secretary of Administration Jeb Spaulding met with representatives from the Vermont Air Guard, South Burlington, Winooski, Burlington and Williston. The meeting was closed to the public.
Spaulding told Vermont Public Radio that Governor Shumlin supports the plan, but wants to be sure the state and communities are doing everything they can to get answers to environmental concerns.
Spaulding said there was discussion about having a website addressing frequently asked questions. There also was talk about bringing up one of the jets or sending a delegation from Vermont to compare the noise of the F-35s to the older F-16 jets.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.