Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
North Country News
Fri September 20, 2013
Shumlin Appoints Crawford to VT Supreme Court
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin has appointed Superior Court Judge Geoffrey Crawford to the Vermont Supreme Court.
Crawford replaces Associate Justice Brian Burgess, who recently announced his retirement from the five-member court.
Shumlin praised Crawford for fairness and rigor and said he has distinguished himself during his time on the Superior Court bench.
Crawford is a graduate of Yale and Harvard Law School. The Burlington resident, a father of five, has won community service awards from the Howard Center and Mercy Connection, and currently serves on the boards of Vermont Dismas and the New England Organ Bank.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.