Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
North Country News
Fri September 20, 2013
Shumlin Appoints Crawford to VT Supreme Court
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin has appointed Superior Court Judge Geoffrey Crawford to the Vermont Supreme Court.
Crawford replaces Associate Justice Brian Burgess, who recently announced his retirement from the five-member court.
Shumlin praised Crawford for fairness and rigor and said he has distinguished himself during his time on the Superior Court bench.
Crawford is a graduate of Yale and Harvard Law School. The Burlington resident, a father of five, has won community service awards from the Howard Center and Mercy Connection, and currently serves on the boards of Vermont Dismas and the New England Organ Bank.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.