Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Thu December 6, 2012
Shumlin Plans Trips to Florida and Italy
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin says he'll travel to Florida next week to listen to the F-35 fighter jet and then go to Italy to give a speech and take some vacation time.
The governor says he heard during this year's campaign from some voters concerned that if the Air Force goes ahead with plans to base F-35s at the Burlington Airport, noise from the planes will plague surrounding residential areas.
Shumlin says he'll go to Eglin Air Force Base in Florida on Wednesday to listen to an F-35 and to an F-16, the plane currently housed at the Vermont Air National Guard base, so that he can compare them first-hand.
Shumlin says he'll then go to Rome to give a speech in his new role as chairman of the Democratic Governors Association.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.