Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
North Country News
Mon June 17, 2013
Shumlin Signs Energy Efficiency Bills for Vermont
Governor Peter Shumlin has signed three bills that promote energy efficiency and clean energy for homes, farms and businesses.
The legislation signed Monday creates new financing programs for residential and commercial sectors. It allows the Vermont Economic Development Authority to borrow up to $10 million from the state Treasury to establish the loan programs and a new energy efficiency loan guarantee program.
The bill also provides $6.5 million for residential efficiency loans through a program run by the Vermont Housing Finance Agency.
The loan programs leverage capital through a public-private partnership to help businesses save energy.
A thermal efficiency law makes improvements to state building energy standards.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.