Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Thu December 6, 2012
Shumlin Taps Former Reporter, Lobbyist as Aide
Governor Peter Shumlin has appointed Louis Porter to be his point person in the Legislature as secretary of civil and military affairs.
Porter, a former Statehouse reporter with the Vermont Press Bureau and most recently the Lake Champlain "Lake-Keeper" water policy lobbyist with the Conservation Law Foundation, will coordinate the administration's contacts with lawmakers.
Porter replaces Alexandra MacLean, who announced her departure from the administration recently.
The 37-year-old Porter, who lives in Adamant, will earn $72,000 in the post.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.