Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
New England News
Wed September 18, 2013
Shumlin, Vt. Chamber To Kick Off Health Forums
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin is to join the Vermont Chamber of Commerce in kicking off a series of forums for small businesses to learn about the new health insurance exchange being created under the federal Affordable Care Act.
A program today from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Montpelier's Capitol Plaza hotel and conference center will be geared to helping small businesses learn what they need to know as they prepare to shop in the Vermont Health Connect exchange for health insurance.
The exchange starts up Oct. 1 as the marketplace for individuals and businesses with up to 50 employees to shop for health insurance.
The Montpelier forum will be the first of a series held in each of Vermont's 14 counties during the coming weeks.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.