Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
Thu April 11, 2013
"Simple: Conquering the Crisis of Complexity"
Alan Siegel and Irene Etzkorn have long consulted with businesses and organizations around the world, looking to streamline products, services, processes and communications. And they have achieved dramatic results.
In the new book, Simple: Conquering the Crisis of Complexity, Siegel and Etzkorn show us how having empathy, striving for clarity, and distilling your message can reduce the distance between company and customer, hospital and patient, government and citizen-and increase your bottom line.
Examining the best and worst practices of an array of organizations big and small-including the IRS, Google, Philips, Trader Joe's, Chubb Insurance, and ING Direct, and many more - Siegel and Etzkorn recast simplicity as a mindset, a design aesthetic, and a writing technique.