Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Fri November 12, 2004
Ski Areas Opening Early, but Relying on Snow-making
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Killington Resort in Vermont became the first ski area in the East to open for the season this past Tuesday. Other ski areas are quickly following suit. But skiers would not be on the slopes in early November if ski areas weren't snow-making. And that's something ski resorts are becoming increasingly reliant on...both to get an early start and to maintain the slopes throughout the winter. More from Pat Bradley.