Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Wed March 13, 2013
'Skidmore Stalker' in court Wednesday
The so-called "Skidmore Stalker" has waived extradition and will be returned to Saratoga County.
Authorities tell the Albany Times Union that 49-year old Lance Leonard appeared in an Atlantic City courtroom on Wednesday and declared he would not fight his return to New York. He was arrested earlier this month after allegedly threatening a Skidmore College student. The campus was locked down for a time after the threat was received.
Police say Leonard has a prior criminal history and suffers from mental illness. The Skidmore student had reportedly been in a relationship with him and was trying to break it off. Saratoga Springs police can pick him up anytime within 90 days.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.