Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Wed March 13, 2013
'Skidmore Stalker' in court Wednesday
The so-called "Skidmore Stalker" has waived extradition and will be returned to Saratoga County.
Authorities tell the Albany Times Union that 49-year old Lance Leonard appeared in an Atlantic City courtroom on Wednesday and declared he would not fight his return to New York. He was arrested earlier this month after allegedly threatening a Skidmore College student. The campus was locked down for a time after the threat was received.
Police say Leonard has a prior criminal history and suffers from mental illness. The Skidmore student had reportedly been in a relationship with him and was trying to break it off. Saratoga Springs police can pick him up anytime within 90 days.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.