Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Fri May 14, 2004
Sloop Is on National Registry, Seeger Honored
By Allison Dunne
New York , NY – The Hudson River Sloop Clearwater is now on The National Register of Historic Places. The designation recognizes the Sloop's significance in the American environmental movement, and opens the door to a new pool of funding. The formal designation comes on the Sloop's 35th anniversary, and around the 85th birthday of one of its founders, Pete Seeger. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.