Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri May 14, 2004
Sloop Is on National Registry, Seeger Honored
By Allison Dunne
New York , NY – The Hudson River Sloop Clearwater is now on The National Register of Historic Places. The designation recognizes the Sloop's significance in the American environmental movement, and opens the door to a new pool of funding. The formal designation comes on the Sloop's 35th anniversary, and around the 85th birthday of one of its founders, Pete Seeger. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.