Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Wed February 15, 2012
Snapping Sea Lion Takes Aim At Shakira
Originally published on Wed February 15, 2012 1:31 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Shakira's career almost ended on a South African beach. The singer saw 600-pound sea lions on rocks in shallow water. And then she later wrote on Facebook, I thought to myself how cute they were, so I decided to get a bit closer than all the other tourists. Then one of the sea lions moved within a foot, roared and tried to bite. After escaping, she speculated the creature may have thought her cell phone was in fact a tasty fish. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.