Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Wed February 15, 2012
Snapping Sea Lion Takes Aim At Shakira
Originally published on Wed February 15, 2012 1:31 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Shakira's career almost ended on a South African beach. The singer saw 600-pound sea lions on rocks in shallow water. And then she later wrote on Facebook, I thought to myself how cute they were, so I decided to get a bit closer than all the other tourists. Then one of the sea lions moved within a foot, roared and tried to bite. After escaping, she speculated the creature may have thought her cell phone was in fact a tasty fish. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.