Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
New York News
Wed December 26, 2012
Snow storm blows into upstate NY
The first major snowstorm of the season is heading into upstate New York, with forecasters predicting up to a foot or more of snow mixed with sleet or freezing rain. WAMC's Dave Lucas has more...
Governor Cuomo activated the State Emergency Operations Center early Wednesday evening to monitor the storm and any emergency needs. Dangerous travel conditions are expected through Thursday evening. The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for most of upstate New York.
Six to 12 inches of heavy, wet snow is expected in eastern New York, possibly changing to freezing rain on Thursday.
(c) 2012 WAMC & AP