Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
New York News
Wed December 26, 2012
Snow storm blows into upstate NY
The first major snowstorm of the season is heading into upstate New York, with forecasters predicting up to a foot or more of snow mixed with sleet or freezing rain. WAMC's Dave Lucas has more...
Governor Cuomo activated the State Emergency Operations Center early Wednesday evening to monitor the storm and any emergency needs. Dangerous travel conditions are expected through Thursday evening. The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for most of upstate New York.
Six to 12 inches of heavy, wet snow is expected in eastern New York, possibly changing to freezing rain on Thursday.
(c) 2012 WAMC & AP