Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Wed December 26, 2012
Snow storm blows into upstate NY
The first major snowstorm of the season is heading into upstate New York, with forecasters predicting up to a foot or more of snow mixed with sleet or freezing rain. WAMC's Dave Lucas has more...
Governor Cuomo activated the State Emergency Operations Center early Wednesday evening to monitor the storm and any emergency needs. Dangerous travel conditions are expected through Thursday evening. The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for most of upstate New York.
Six to 12 inches of heavy, wet snow is expected in eastern New York, possibly changing to freezing rain on Thursday.
(c) 2012 WAMC & AP