Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
New England News
Mon February 11, 2013
Snow, wintry mix expected in N. new England
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — As residents in northern New England dig out of the big snowstorm, they're anticipating headaches from the next storm, which is expected to bring a combination of snow and freezing rain.
The National Weather Service says more snow was expected Monday morning. It will gradually change to sleet, freezing rain and rain.
The changes will start near the coast. Two to 4 inches of snow are expected across northern areas, with less than 2 inches in southern areas. Up to 3 inches of snow was expected in parts of Vermont.
The freezing rain can create a glaze of ice for many areas for northern and central New Hampshire and the mountains and foothills of western Maine, which are under a winter weather advisory.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.