Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Fri May 16, 2003
Solar Technology Comes to the Farm
By Arlen Cellana
Williamstown, MA – The longstanding agricultural heritage of Western Massachusetts has seen a steady decline in the number of working farms dotting the landscape. Now, technology and farming are merging on some Berkshire County farms to keep energy costs down and support the sustainability of local agriculture. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana visited one such operation and sends this report.