Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri September 26, 2003
Some Say Textbooks Too Heavy
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Massachusetts is now one of several states to consider limiting the weight of student textbooks. Concerned about kids suffering under the weight of heavy loads, the bill's author says lighter books might help. But critics say that's a simplistic solution. More from Berkshrie Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.