Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
North Country News
Wed December 26, 2012
Sonar Used in Search for Missing Students in Maine
A state police dive team used sonar on Wednesday to search for two boat building students from Massachusetts and Vermont who went missing last week and whose clothing was found on an island off Kennebunkport, Maine.
The Maine Marine Patrol says two boats and an airplane were used in Wednesday's search for 21-year-old Zachery Wells of Burlington, Vt., and 23-year-old Prescott Wright of Barnstable, Mass.
They were last seen drinking with friends a week ago at Wells' home near the Cape Porpoise pier. Both are students at The Landing School, a boat building and yacht design school in Arundel.
Searchers found some clothing early Monday, and the search was suspended on Tuesday. Police Chief Craig Sanford said it remains unclear how they got to the island, but there's no indication of foul play.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.