Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Capital District News
Wed October 3, 2012
Soraya Darabi - Entrepreneurship and Digital Media
What do the CEO of a multi-national company and a 19-year-old in a dorm room have in common?
Chances are that they both spend time thinking about the intersections of technology, business, and social media, and whether or not they could be a part of the ‘next big thing’.
Soraya Darabi began her media career in her early-20’s as Manager of Digital Partnerships and Social Media at The New York Times, where she positioned the paper on the then fledgling, now ubiquitous, social networks like Facebook and YouTube.
She left the Times after only about three years to enter the world of technology start-ups full-time, co-founding Foodspotting – an online user-generated social dining guide that recently logged it’s 2-and-a-half millionth dish review – in 2009.