Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Hudson Valley News
Mon November 12, 2012
Sotomayor Addresses Students at Pace
A Supreme Court justice met with some New York law students – WAMC’s Dave Lucas has details…
Justice Sonia Sotomayor says the confirmation process for Supreme Court nominees is the only time the public thinks of them as people. Sotomayor says justices are unlikely ever again to get that sort of individual attention. She spoke Monday at the Pace University law school in White Plains. She took pre-screened questions from students. Questions from reporters were not permitted. She said she believes the rise of women's rights is related to the number of women in the law. Asked to identify a mentor, she said naming one would be an injustice to many others. Sotomayor says she does not have a judicial philosophy. But she takes an approach that assures that people are fairly heard.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.